Anugrah Narayan Singh College was established in the year 1950 in the name of (Dr.) Anugrah Narayan Singh. This is one of the oldest and widely acclaimed constituents college under Magadh University since April 01.1975. The College is located in semi urban area about 60 kms. From Patna and is well connected by road and rail. The sprawling College campus accommodates 15 Postgraduates and Undergraduates Departments, Playground, Seminar hall and a big Auditorium. The campus provides an adequate infrastructure that consists of a well furnished Laboratory, Library, Girls hostel and spacious Classrooms. Under vocationalisation of Education Programme of the Govt. of Inda, the College introduced the teaching of BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) at degree Honours stage in the year 1999. Apart from BCA, other vocational courses like A.S.P.M. (Advertising Sales Promotion Sales Management), B.B.A.* (Bachelor in Business Administration), Travel and Tourism Management * & Biotechnology* are also offered by the College.
As an Institution of learning, College has a commanding presence in the University. The College while maintaining its exemplary records in university examinations has also emerged as a major contender in Inter university competitions wining large number of prizes. College while fostering a stimulating academic environment, attempts at instilling in the student values and attitudes which recognized the human imperatives of a strife free community.